Phuket is open from 1 July!
Missed Asia? Now it is time to return!
About this tour
From 1 July Phuket – Thailand is opening up!
Great news for those who love Asia. It is now possible to book a trip to Thailand!
These are the main requirements for overseas travellers:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required (both jabs)
- Obtain a Certificate of Entry (CoE) before departure
- Travel insurance with Covid-19 cover
- Download the Thailand Plus tracking app before departure and upload the required information
- Travellers must have a medical certificate with negative PCR results indicating that Covid-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before departure
- Covid-19 screening including RT-PCR tests on arrival in Phuket
- Must fly directly to Phuket International Airport*
(*Passengers may be allowed to transit via Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. Awaiting full details. Updates will be added here when confirmed.)
- Stay at a SHA Plus hotel (this is a hotel with enhanced safety protocols and where at least 70% of staff have been vaccinated)
- If you wish to travel onwards around Thailand, you must stay on Phuket for a minimum number of 14 days
1 July is the first day for Phuket Reopening – als called Project “Phuket Sandbox”. Phuket does not have any Covid cases, unlike other parts of Thailand. All resort staff has close to 100% vaccinated its staff. For Thai people not living on Phuket, a negative PCR test or 2 vaccinations are required to travel to Phuket.
More of Africa has selected 4 of the most beautiful resorts in Phuket to offer you to plan a holiday to one of these magical places. Pick a resort!
Let's have a closer look at the resorts
COMO Point Yahu
- from EUR 900 week p/p B&B for stays until 22 December 2021
This stylish hangout, on Phuket's peaceful east coast, is one for the beautiful people. Join your fellow guests on a sun lounger around the 100-metre swimming pool or other 2 pools, lounge at the private beach club, unravel at the spa or swizzle cocktails at the bar as the sun dips into Phang Nga Bay.
La Sirena restaurant serves authentic Italian cuisine and freshly-squeezed health elixirs (or a glass of bubbly) and will gladly deliver to your sun bed.
The Phang Nga Suites each have a four-poster bed, a serene living room, a verandah with comfy loungers and a private aqua-tiled lap pool, where you can watch the sun rise by day and count the stars by night. These suites also have a kitchenette and a dining space for four. If the idea of all-white perfection makes your heart sing, book the pearly Como Suite.
- 79 suites, private pools, 3 communal pools
- Daily complimentary activities include yoga and Thai boxing
- One of the best Spas in Phuket
From EUR 900 per person for 7 nights, including daily breakfast, return airport transfers and 1 x 90-minutes massage p/p, based on 2 people sharing | roomtype: bay room | rate valid until 22 December 2021
- from EUR 1350 week p/p B&B for stays until 31 October 2021 - see below many extras also included
Far from the madding crowd of Phuket's tourist hotspots lies Keemala, an all-pool villa wonderland set in a rainforest overlooking the peaceful Andaman Sea.
There are 4 categories of rooms hidden in the green and lush rainforest. The Clay Pool Cottage, Tent Pool Villa, Tree Pool House and Bird's Nest Pool Villa. Each boasts a private pool and wide open spaces where room is given over for the spectacular views to take center stage.
Holistic relaxation is the philosophy of the Keemala experience and guests are invited to immerse themselves into one of the many retreats. Go for peaceful options such as yoga, pilates and meditation, or for those looking for something a little more physically involved can choose to do some Thai boxing or running trails.
Complimentary with this 7 nights package:
- In-villa check in
- Personalized villa host service
- Welcome Gourmet Drink upon arrival
- Daily Breakfast, Daily fresh tropical fruits, Daily Minibar refill with complimentary heathy snacks and beverages, Complimentary recreation and holistic activities such as yoga and meditation
- Roundtrip Phuket Airport Transfer by car for 2 persons
- One time 60 minute Harmonizing Massage for 2 persons
- One time Degustation Dinner (food only) for 2 persons
- from EUR 950 week p/p B&B for stays until 24 December 2021
Escape to a Sanctuary for the Senses at Banyan Tree located in the Andaman’s greatest treasure, the island of Phuket. A private paradise of luxurious all-pool villas nestled around a salt water lagoon and surrounded by lush greenery.
You'll stay in luxury villas, each of which feels like an Oriental palace. The walls are draped with silk, the floors are fine teak hardwood, and the bathrooms are marble. Outside, in your private tropical garden, you can shower outdoors, or soak in the open-air tub. If you're in one of the 71 pool villas, you can even dip into your own private pool.
Anantara Phuket Layan
- from EUR 950 week p/p B&B for stays until 24 December 2021 | return airport transfer | 1x90 min massage |20% off on food and beverages | 20% off on Spa treatments
The resort is a five-star property tucked away in the north-west of Phuket in a national park, which is completely unspoilt compared to other parts of the island. The park offers a lush jungle to one side and fronted by a crescent of sheltered golden sands that cocoon the beach to the other it really is a tranquil location for a relaxing break.
The main area of the resort is open plan with the reception and bar adjoining an infinity pool which then connects onto the hotel’s private beach. The resort has a fresh but classic Thai feel to, which includes wooden salas, traditional furniture and soft furnishings in the communal areas.
30 rooms and suites, and 47 pool villas are spread throughout Anantara Layan Phuket Resort, divided into nine unique categories. Each space is filled with rich woods, fine materials, and comfortable furniture.
Let’s brainstorm ideas and I’ll do the hard work
Let me know what you want
Or contact me right away
Tel: +27 (0)72 263 5585